Arnold Schwarzenegger is an Austrian-American actor, producer, businessman, investor, author, philanthropist, activist, politician, and former professional bodybuilder and powerlifter.
He served two terms as the 38th Governor of California from 2003 to 2011.
Here are ten fun facts about Arnold Schwarzenegger:
1. When he was 10 years old, Arnold’s father took him to see the film Hercules in the New World. Arnold was so inspired by the film that he decided he wanted to be a bodybuilder.
2. He moved to the United States in 1968 and became a naturalised citizen in 1983.
3. Schwarzenegger began his acting career with small roles in films such as Hercules in New York (1970) and The Long Goodbye (1973).
4. He rose to prominence with starring roles in films such as Conan the Barbarian (1982), The Terminator (1984), and Predator (1987).
5. In 2003, he was elected Governor of California and served for two terms before returning to acting.
6. Some of his more recent film credits include The Expendables franchise, Sabotage (2014), Aftermath (2017), and Terminator: Dark Fate (2019).
7. Outside of his film career, Schwarzenegger is also a successful businessman and philanthropist. For example, he has created various fitness programs and founded the Arnold Classic, an annual bodybuilding competition. He has also been active in environmentalism and has served as a UN Messenger of Peace since 2014.
8. He has written several books including Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story (2012) which details his life story up until that point.
9. Arnold has an older brother, Meinhard, and two younger sisters, Maria and Anita.
10. In 1968, Arnold won the Mr. Universe title, and in 1970, he won the Mr. Olympia title, becoming the youngest ever to do so.