CBD is a non-psychoactive compound found in the cannabis plant.
Unlike THC, CBD does not produce a high or intoxication. However, it does have some medical benefits.
Here are ten fun facts about CBD:
1. CBD is short for cannabidiol.
2. CBD was first isolated in 1940 by Swiss chemist Roger Adams.
3. CBD is one of over 100 compounds found in the cannabis plant.
4. CBD is thought to have anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety and pain-relieving properties.
5. Unlike THC, CBD does not make you high or intoxicated.
6. Clinical trials on humans are limited, but there is some evidence that CBD may be effective in treating epilepsy and other seizure disorders, anxiety and chronic pain.
7. CBD is available in many forms, including oils, tinctures, capsules, edibles and topical creams.
8. CBD is legal in most countries but may be subject to specific regulations.
9. The World Health Organisation has declared CBD safe and well-tolerated in humans.
10. CBD is sometimes referred to as “the miracle drug” due to its wide range of potential medical applications.