Clint Eastwood is an American actor, director, and producer.
He has been in the entertainment industry for over 50 years and has appeared in over 70 films.
Here are ten fun facts about Clint Eastwood:
1. Clint Eastwood was born on May 31, 1930, in San Francisco, California.
2. After high school, he worked as a lifeguard at Fort Ord in Northern California before being drafted into the United States Army during the Korean War where he served as a medic from 1951-1953. After his discharge from the Army, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. He began his acting career, appearing in such television shows as “Rawhide” and “Maverick.”
3. He made his film debut in the 1956 movie “Revenge of the Creature.”
4. Eastwood’s breakout role came in the 1971 film “Dirty Harry,” in which he played the title character, a police detective.
5. He has directed such films as “The Outlaw Josey Wales,” “Unforgiven,” and “Million Dollar Baby.”
6. He has won four Academy Awards, including Best Picture for “Unforgiven.”
7. Eastwood is a noted Republican and has served as the mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California.
8. He has been married twice, first to Maggie Johnson and then to Dina Ruiz. He has eight children.
9. His hobbies include golf, music, and traveling.
10. His mother died when he was just 16 years old from cancer of the uterus. This tragedy had a profound effect on him throughout his life.