Game of Thrones is a popular American television series.
The show is set in the fictional Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and chronicles the power struggles among the realm’s noble families.
The series has been praised for its writing, acting, and production values. It has won numerous awards, including 38 Primetime Emmy Awards.
Here are ten fun facts about Game of Thrones:
1. The show is based on the book series “A Song of Ice and Fire” by George R.R. Martin.
2. The show’s title refers to the different factions vying for control of the Seven Kingdoms: the Lannisters (house of Frank), the Starks (house of Ned), and the Targaryens (house of Daenerys).
3. The show was filmed in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Croatia, Iceland, Malta, Morocco and Spain.
4. The series has an ensemble cast, with some of the actors becoming household names, such as Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) and Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister).
5. Kit Harington (Jon Snow) and Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) are the only two actors to appear in all eight seasons of the show.
6. The series is known for its brutal violence and sexual explicitness, which has earned it the nickname “the Sopranos of medieval times.”
7. The series has been criticised for its depiction of women, with some critics arguing that it glorifies rape and violence against women.
8. One of the show’s most iconic scenes is the “Red Wedding,” which was inspired by the real-life Massacre of Glencoe.
9. Game of Thrones has a popular following on social media, with hashtags such as #GoT and #WinterIsComing trending on Twitter during episodes.
10. Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) were both 12 years old when they started filming the pilot episode and they turned 21 during the final season.