Grapes are a type of fruit that grow on vines.
There are many different types of grapes, and they can be eaten fresh, made into wine, or dried to make raisins.
Here are ten fun facts about grapes:
1. Grapes have been grown for thousands of years and were first cultivated in the Middle East.
2. The largest grapevine in the world is located in Sonoma, California and measures over 100 feet long!
3. Grapes come in all different colours, including green, red, purple, and black.
4. White wines are usually made from green grapes while red wines are typically made from red or black grapes.
5. It takes around 2 pounds of grapes to make one bottle of wine.
6. Grape juice can be used to make jelly or jam.
7. Raisins are made by drying grapes in the sun or in an oven until they become wrinkled and shrunken-looking.
8. Grapes are a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as fibre.
9. Eating grapes can help to prevent tooth decay because they contain malic acid, which helps to remove plaque from teeth.
10. In some cultures, it is considered good luck to eat 12 grapes at midnight on New Year’s Eve.