Jimi Hendrix is widely considered to be one of the greatest guitarists in rock history.
Here are ten fun facts about Jimi Hendrix:
1. Jimi Hendrix was born on November 27, 1942, in Seattle, Washington.
2. His mother named him James Marshall Hendrix.
3. His father, Al Hendrix, was a United States Army soldier.
4. Jimi had two brothers and one sister.
5. He grew up in the city of Renton.
6. When he was 15 years old, his parents divorced. Jimi dropped out of high school and moved to Clarksville, Tennessee.
7. He joined the United States Army but was discharged after one year due to an injury. After leaving the army, Jimi returned to Seattle. He began playing music with local bands.
8. In 1966, he moved to New York City and formed a band called The Jimi Hendrix Experience. The band became very popular and released several hit songs including “Purple Haze” and “Hey Joe.” They performed at many famous venues including the Monterey Pop Festival and Woodstock Music & Art Fair.
9. In 1970, Jimi recorded his fourth studio album titled “First Rays of the New Rising Sun.” However, he died before it could be released.