Pablo Picasso was one of the most influential artists of the 20th century.
He is known for his Cubist paintings and sculpture, as well as his many portraits.
Here are ten fun facts about Pablo Picasso:
1. Pablo Picasso was born on October 25, 1881 in Malaga, Spain.
2. His full name was Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso.
3.Picasso’s father was an artist and art professor, and he introduced young Pablo to painting at a very early age.
4. By the time he was 13 years old, Picasso had already completed his first major work – “The First Communion” (1896).
5. In 1900, Picasso moved to Paris where he quickly became friends with fellow Spanish artist Salvador Dali and French painter Henri Matisse. The three artists would go on to become known as the leaders of the Surrealist movement.
6. While in Paris, Picasso began experimenting with different styles of painting including Impressionism and Cubism – a style that he is most famous for today.
7. In 1907, Picasso painted “Les Demoiselles d’Avignon” which is considered to be one of the first works of Cubism.
8. During World War II ,Picasso remained in Paris while much of Europe was occupied by Nazi Germany. However, he did join the French Communist party in 1944.
9. After the war, Picasso continued to experiment with new styles and mediums, including ceramics, printmaking and set design.
10. Pablo Picasso died on April 8, 1973 at the age of 91.