Ten Fun Facts about Computers
Get Ready to Wow! – 10 Amazing Facts About Lip Gloss
Ten Fun Facts about Elvis Presley
Ten Fun Facts about the Moon
Ten Fun Facts about The Rolling Stones
Ten Fun Facts about Sleep
Ten Fun Facts about Archery
Ten Fun Facts about Michelangelo
Ten Fun Facts about Strawberries
Ten Fun Facts about Elon Musk
Ten Fun Facts about Mars
Ten Fun Facts about Dogs
Ten Fun Facts – The Home of Fun Facts!
Welcome to Ten Fun Facts, a website full of interesting facts on a wide range of topics. Perfect for Trivia Nights or for wowing your friends with your knowledge!
You have hit the homepage, let’s start you off with ten random fun facts you may find interesting:
- There are an estimated 10 million galaxies in the observable universe. The Milky Way, which contains our solar system, is just one of them.
- Earth isn’t actually round. It’s an oblate spheroid, meaning it’s flattened at the poles and bulges at the equator.
- The world’s oceans contain enough salt to cover all of Earth’s landmass with a layer approximately 500 feet (152 meters) thick.
- Only 1% of the water on Earth is fresh water that we can use; the rest is either salty ocean water or frozen in glaciers or ice caps. Of that 1%, almost 69% is used for agriculture irrigation and another 26% goes towards industrial uses like cooling power plants and manufacturing processes. That leaves less than 1% for domestic use by people like you and me!
- Every day, the Sun loses 360 million tons of material through what’s called “solar wind.” At this rate, it will completely exhaust itself in about 10 billion years .
- A single raindrop falling from the sky can travel up to 20 miles per hour.
- There are more than 60,000 miles of blood vessels in an adult human body. If you laid them out end-to-end, they would stretch around the world almost four times!
- Every day, your heart beats 100,000 times. That’s over 35 million times a year and more than 2.5 billion times in a lifetime!
- If you were to weigh all the ants on Earth, they would outweigh all the humans. There are thought to be around 10 quadrillion (10,000,000,000,000,000) ants alive at any given time.
- The human brain is about 75% water.
Below you will find the latest topics added to our website.
Use the main menu to select a category or the navigation buttons at the bottom of the page to browse through all topics from the latest to oldest.