Pink Floyd is one of the most successful and influential rock bands of all time.
The band was founded in 1965 by Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, Nick Mason and Richard Wright.
Here are ten fun facts about Pink Floyd:
1. Pink Floyd’s The Wall is the best-selling double album of all time, with over 23 million copies sold.
2. Pink Floyd have sold more than 200 million records worldwide, making them one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
3. The band was founded in London in 1965 by Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, Nick Mason and Richard Wright.
4. Syd Barrett was the original lead singer and guitarist of Pink Floyd, but he left the band in 1968 due to mental health issues. He was replaced by David Gilmour.
5. Pink Floyd have been nominated for more Grammy Awards than any other British band.
6. The members of Pink Floyd have all been awarded knighthoods for their contributions to music.
7. The Dark Side of the Moon was released in 1973 and is one of the best-selling albums of all time, with estimated sales of over 45 million copies.
8. The band’s 1994 album, The Division Bell, topped the charts in the UK and the US, making it their first album to do so in 20 years.
9. The band has released 15 studio albums, including The Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall, which are two of the best-selling albums of all time.
10. The band has been awarded numerous prestigious awards, including 14 Grammy Awards and an induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.