By now, it is no secret that smartphones are one of the most popular devices on the market.
In addition to their many practical uses, they have also become a source of entertainment for millions of people around the world.
Here are ten fun facts about smartphones:
1. The first smartphone was created in 1992 by IBM. However, it was not until 2007 that the iPhone was released, which is widely considered to be the first true smartphone.
2. There are now over 1 billion active smartphone users worldwide.
3. The average person spends over 2 hours per day using their smartphone.
4. Smartphone usage has been linked to increased anxiety and depression levels in some users.
5. The majority of smartphone users check their device within 15 minutes of waking up each morning.
6. 1 in 3 smartphone users say they could not go without their device for more than a day.
7. The average person unlocks their smartphone over 80 times per day.
8. Smartphones are now the most popular camera type, with over 1 trillion photos being taken each year.
9. Over 50% of all internet traffic is now from mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
10. It is estimated that by 2025, there will be over 6 billion active smartphone users worldwide.