An apple is an edible fruit produced by an apple tree. Apple trees are cultivated worldwide and are the most widely grown species in the genus Malus.
Here are ten fun facts about apples:
1. Apples are a type of fruit that grow on trees.
2. The scientific name for apple is Malus domestica.
3. Apples come in many different colors, including red, green, and yellow.
4. The average apple weighs about 150 grams.
5. Apples are a good source of fiber and vitamins A and C.
6. The first recorded use of apples dates back to 6500 BC in China.
7. Apples were brought to North America by European settlers in the 1600s.
8 .The most popular variety of apple in the United States is the Red Delicious.
9 There are more than 7,500 types of apples grown around the world.
10 In 2010, China produced more than 35 million metric tons of apples – making it the world’s leading producer of apples.