Johnny Depp is one of the worlds most famous actors, well known for playing Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean and Edward Scissorhands.
Here are ten fun facts about Johnny Depp:
1. Johnny Depp was born on June 9, 1963 in Owensboro, Kentucky.
2. Depp’s parents divorced when he was 15. He dropped out of high school to pursue a music career.
3. In 1983, Depp landed his first major film role in the horror flick A Nightmare on Elm Street.
4. In the 1980s, Depp played guitar in a band called The Kids. The band recorded two albums, but neither was a commercial success.
5. Depp’s breakthrough came in the mid-1990s when he starred in the movies Ed Wood, Dead Man, and Donnie Brasco.
6. Depp has been married twice: to Lori Anne Allison from 1983 to 1985, and to Amber Heard from 2015 to 2017.
7. He gained international fame for his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise (2003-2017). Other notable films include “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” (2005), “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” (2007) and “Alice in Wonderland” (2010).
8. In addition to acting, Depp is also a musician and has released two albums with his band Hollywood Vampires: “Rise” (2015) and “Swan Songs” (2020).
9. Depp has two children: daughter Lily-Rose Melody Depp, and son John “Jack” Christopher Depp III.
10. Depp has a net worth of $200 million.