Twitter is a social networking site that allows users to post short, 280-character messages called “tweets.”
It was founded in 2006 by Jack Dorsey and has since become one of the most popular social media platforms with over 320 million monthly active users.
Here are ten fun facts about Twitter:
1. The first tweet was sent by Jack Dorsey on March 21, 2006 and said “just setting up my twttr”.
2. The average person has 707 followers on Twitter.
3. Tweets with images receive 18% more engagement than those without images and tweets with videos are 6 times more likely to be retweeted than tweets with photos.
4. There are over 500 million tweets sent every day.
5. The most popular age group on Twitter is 25 to 34 years old.
6. The average user spends 170 minutes per month on Twitter.
7. 46% of Twitter users have never tweeted before, around half of Twitter profiles are most likely create by bots or spam software.
8. On October 27, 2022, Elon Musk acquired Twitter for around $44 billion USD.
9. 391 million Twitter accounts have no followers at all.
10. Every month, around 500 million people access Twitter without logging in. This shows how far tweets are spread on other media platforms, such as main stream media.