The Walking Dead is a post-apocalyptic horror television series based on the comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard.
The series features a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home after a zombie apocalypse. The series is broadcast on AMC in the United States and is produced by AMC Studios.
Here are ten fun facts about The Walking Dead:
1. The series is based on a comic book series of the same name, which was first published in 2003.
2. The Walking Dead is set in the southern United States, specifically in the state of Georgia.
3. The Walking Dead logo decays with every new season, just like the dead. If you compare the shows first season with the last, you will see the logo has decayed when playing the credits.
4. During a scene when Merle was shooting from a rooftop in season one, nearby locals called the police thinking it was a real gun fight! A real SWAT team arrived but no one was arrested!
6. The series has been nominated for numerous awards, including the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series.
7. The series has a large and passionate fanbase, known as “The Walking Dead Family”.
8. The series has spawned several spin-off series, including Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead: World Beyond.
9. The actors have to go to “Zombie School” to learn how to act and walk like zombies.
10. The human guts you see throughout the series are in-fact edible, not just for the dead but also for humans as they are made out of ham!